Saturday, April 17, 2004

Springtime has finally come to New England. Yesterday was a dandy day and the next three promise to be even nicer. It was cool in the breeze, but the sun was strong and warm. Joe worked for a good part of the day on our electrical projects. We had lunch on the back porch and soaked up the sun's rays like flowers. The birds are louder this time of year because we don't have the leaves on the trees to absorb the sound.

Nearly 10 days worth of music. I found several discs from Stevie Ray Vaughn, Abdullah Ibrahim, and Emmylou Harris, ones that I hadn't listened to in years. Next week I'm will put together playlists.

Late yesterday I received a follow-up email from a startup company in Lexington. Neat technology. I have an interview on Thursday. The recruiter asked if the commute to Lexington would work for me. The commute would be about a half mile shorter than the commute I've made for the last six years.

During this time off, I frequently think about retirement. Until six months ago, I was convinced that I would work well into my late 60's. I do like the work I do and, in reasonable health, I can continue to work for a long time. This time is giving me a different perspective on retirement.

The Red Sox beat the Yankees, six months to the day after that fateful game in the Bronx.

This site has no relationship with this one.

No comments:

Blog Archive