Thursday, April 15, 2004

Another cold, rainy day. One weather forecast hinted that we might see some wet snowflakes.

Yesterday afternoon I received a call from a recruiting agency regarding a very interesting job. More about this in subsequent entries. In the meantime, I've been researching opportunities using the Fortune 1000 list. I've started with software companies and will expand my search later.

I called the Audio Journal in Worcester to talk about volunteer opportunities. I have an appointment for next Tuesday to visit their office and studio. The readers, as I understand it, can choose their own material. If you could read something over the radio, what would you read? I'll probably read from The Economist.

The MacGregors left for PEI at 5:45 this morning. They are remarkable people. Most folks their ages are house-bound or worse. They make the trek to and from PEI four or five times a year. They are great housemates and inspirations for our retirement years.

Today I'll take a ride to Lexington to pick up a package that was mistakenly delivered to my old office. It's my first time back there. It will be good to see a few people and good not to get caught up in the work that has gone on since I left. I would welcome the opportunity to return to a good job at IBM, but I'm not holding onto a lot of hopes for that.


No comments:

Blog Archive