Tuesday, January 11, 2005

I use several web-based job search tools, such as monster.com, DICE, Yahoo Jobs, and Flipdog. For each, I filled out a form that indicated my areas of interest and experience. Each day I receive an email from these sites with a list of possible job matches. I have been primarily looking for a job in software technical documentation; I'd prefer a management job. So, recently, I've received ponters to jobs as Senior Waste Manager and Senior Executive Secretary. (To be fair, in the late 70's, I worked as an office temp for Kelly Services, "The Kelly Girl People.")

Nerd stuff ahead: In the past two days, two stories have appeared on Slashdot. One, about Rational software, a division of IBM, incited vitriol against its products, including documentation. Another story, about IBM's decision to free up 500 of its software patents, had them nearly dancing in their cubicles. The /. crowd is smart, loud, and fast.

When my mother had a difficult night of sleep and would be tired the next day, she'd pretend that she was tired from traveling.

No comments:

Blog Archive