Friday, April 23, 2004

More April showers, followed by a nice weekend, and then more rain forecast for Monday.

Yesterday's interview went well. The company is looking for someone with a specific background, storage systems. I have some experience, but it's dated. I also flubbed one question, but addressed it in a follow-up email.

Today I will go to the Audio Journal for my training session. I might get a chance to be on the air. I confess to being a bit nervous, not only about the performance, but about making a commitment. During the last few years, I've become very wary about overcommitting my time. Today, though, I'm there just to learn. We'll talk about commitment once I decide if I can do the work.

My digital music collection is over 16 days now. I will have to make decisions about the music that I want to have on my iPod; I won't be able to fit it all. At the end of it all, I'll have my Desert Island 700 or thereabouts. I'll publish the library file on our web site soon.

Sandra asked me last night how long I would need to get ready if a job offer came through. Right now I would like a couple of weeks. I'd like a few days for working outdoors at home and at the camp, a few rainy days for reading and working in the office, a few days to do some fun things. I also want to spend time planning for Disney. We have a very good book, The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World, that gives good strategies for making the most of our time.

Our friend Pete is on the mend and should be home from the hospital today.

No comments:

Blog Archive