Wednesday, April 21, 2004

A flurry of activity on several fronts. I have a meeting with a recruiter this afternoon, an interview tomorrow, and a couple of other leads that may turn into real prospects in the next week or so. Yesterday I tried to make follow-up phone calls regarding applications that I'd submitted on the web. My word, but these people are so intent on no taking phone calls. At least one place said so, they don't take phone calls. Others put me into voice mail hell. Still others shunted me to people who had no way of finding out the status of a web-submitted application. ("That's handled by other people.") I'm not ready to give up on web submissions, but I am concentrating my efforts on channels that involve real people - personal connections and agencies.

Our good friend Pete had bypass surgery in Maine recently and had a setback after returning home. He's in the hospital again. We're thinking and praying about him a lot. He's given so much to so many. Faith, he has said, is hope with a track record. He has faith and we do, too.

Dianne Williamson, a columnist for the Worcester Telegram, is sponsoring an Apprentypist contest, where people can be a guest columnist. The deadline is 2 May. I may put together something. Writing 900 words isn't that bad. She tweaks Holden every chance she gets and with good reason. This can be a precious town that takes itself too seriously.

I visited the Audio Journal yesterday. It's an impressive operation. I'm scheduled for a training sessions on Friday and Tuesday to see if I like being an on-air reader. They also need help with their computer systems.

No comments:

Blog Archive