Thursday, November 19, 2009

Focused morons

A bunch of years ago, I was working at a software company where we typically worked half-days for a year or more - 7 in the morning until 7 at night. Those were richer times, such that, while working the long hours, our management arranged for meals to be brought in for lunch and dinner. (Dinner was served at 7.) It wasn't all altruism for management; if meals came to us in the office, we didn't have to go out for lunch or home for dinner.
With each iteration came a new set of challenges and with the challenges came new opportunities for management to inspire us. At one point, we learned that we needed to bring a particular aspect of the release into clearer view. I don't recall just what it was. Probably, it was quality. We were, I guess that I remember, urged be focused more on quality.
The Quality Assurance manager and I agreed. There was always something and therefore, we'd always be Focused More-ons.

No comments:

Blog Archive