Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Gateway to Tree of Knowledge Corner

When we arrived at my father's house, he was looking through a basket of old photos. All of the pictures we saw were from a time when the world was black and white. It included the obligatory cute picture of me having my bath in a tub in the back yard. My father was looking for some pictures of a friend who'd recently sent him a letter. "When I get some time," he said, "I'm going to organize these." I was reminded again, as I was when my mother made a similar remark about getting organized, that there's no real hope for me on this front. I've seen my future and, although it's pretty good, it's got a lot of stuff in it.

Today's automated search for a technical documentation position: "US Citizens: Sr or Lead SAP ABAP with some Public Sector (*HOT*) #909. It's in Munroe Station MA. I didn't know that such a place existed, but, then, there are lots of places in Massachusetts that I didn't know about, such as Hephzibah Heights, Zylonite, and Dingley Dell.

The Wall Street Journal reports, in a copyrighted story, that, and I quote, "More employees are spending time on the Internet, for both work and personal reasons." Maybe I can get a job at the WSJ. The title of my first story would be, "Marley Wants a Pork Chop."

A friend claims that Willie Nelson and Hank Williams that they are as good at writing songs as they are bad at singing them.

More job interviewing tips, from a professional. “Candidate inquired about the location of the company’s security cameras.”

In town news, one of our favored candidates won in yesterday's election, while another lost. We had to re-vote because, at first, we thought we could vote for two selectman candidates and then discovered that we could vote for only one. The scanning machine wouldn't let us vote for too many candidates. Imagine, a machine that prevents us from voting stupidly. I can hear Karl Rove whimpering softly.

Of course, because we've had enough rain this year, the town lifted restrictions on watering our lawns. If the rains stop, we won't be able to water. Whether we can water or not, at least we can be stylish. In addition, a local vendor assures us that we can get drinking water from the air.

It looks as though the police haven't scheduled radar locations near our house for this month.

Happy Anniversary, Adam and Jennie

No comments:

Blog Archive