Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Clouds like blankets

A few clouds came in overnight, holding the heat close to the ground, so we didn't get a frost. It's still chilly in the house, though. Marley has found a spot in front of the stove and in the sun.

Sandra and I working from home today. I have a medical test this afternoon (routine), but, in preparation, I couldn't eat for a day and a half. Some people fast as a way of gaining physical and spiritual focus. Countless millions go without food because there is no food. Some just eat because they don't know what not to eat. Anyway, I can have coffee, so life is good.

Today's automated job search for a technical documentation position:
  • Executive Staffing Assistant. I'm pretty sure that I know what they mean when the job description says, "This position requires a high level of customer touch," but, well, ..... Also, would you work at a place that describes your "general accountabilities"?
  • Lone Star Research Doctor Wanted in Houston! "*We are NOT looking for a doctor who has gone into patient care or treatment"
I carry a Swiss army knife, a modest-sized one with scissors, screwdriver, tweezers, toothpick, and, oh, yes, knife blades. I use it every day for something or other. I also lose the knives, once every two or three years. Now I know where I can go for a lifetime of replacement knives. The National Transportation Safety Administration (NTSA), through state surplus offices is selling confiscated items on eBay.

No comments:

Blog Archive