Tuesday, March 15, 2005

When I was kid and someone complained of some ailments (a cold, upset stomach, etc.), the standard response was, "Nothing trivial, I hope."

I worked hard yesterday and got three of my four books to the next milestone, a place I'd hoped to reach days and perhaps even weeks ago. The fourth book is still in trouble.

Woody and Marian are getting their suitcase out today so that they can start packing. They plan to leave for the Island next Monday.

When I first saw this, I thought that it would be great for teachers and parents. But, then, I thought of some of the business meetings that I've endured (and, on occasion, led). And, of course, some of us have to drive in and around Boston. It should be noted that most of the laws of physics are left outside the door to the offices of Future Horizons, except for those that allow the tongue to be planted in one's cheek.

Our kids are too busy with sports, music, social events, and, oh, yeah, school. So, how do we help them bring their busy schedules under control? With one of these? Sure. Or, you could leave your child in the care of Microsoft.

We can't overlook the goings-on in Florida, where the Red Sox were visited by the Fab Five.

In addition to this being the Ides of March, a bad day for Caesar, it also marks the abdication of Tsar Nicholas II (in the February revolution). The Russian word tsar is derived from Caesar. The tsars saw Russia as the third Rome (Constantinople being the second).

No comments:

Blog Archive