Wednesday, March 16, 2005

So, it pretty much comes down to today. My last book needs to be ready for edits by EOB (end of business) today, with a possible extension to tomorrow morning if my groveling is good enough.

It's only every two or three months that I sleep until the alarm clock goes off. When I was in college, though, I needed to put the alarm clock across the room to make sure that I got up for my early classes. Even that wasn't enough, sometimes. I could have used one of these.

Guys (and those who think like them) around the world are saying, "I've got to get one of these." I mean, how can you not want to visit a web site that has a Comptence page? The compnay is a Finland subsidiary of John Deere. (Don't forget your Jack-Cessories.) Let's see, guys, wildnerness, vodka, big machine that walks through the woods. What could go wrong?

The National Weather Service reports that this winter has been the 3rd snowiest in Worcester since good records have been kept, starting in 1892:

1. 132.9 in 1995-96
2. 120.1 in 1992-93
3. 109.2 in 2004-05
4. 104.3 in 1960-61
5. 100.2 in 1993-94


We have a chance at making it to second place. There's talk of snow on Sunday and it's certainly been known to snow throughout April and into May.

No comments:

Blog Archive