Thursday, March 31, 2005

For the first time in a long time, the words snow, cold, freeze, or ice don't appear in the weather service's seven-day forecast. Yesterday the temperature nudged 60°F (4.5 cubits). The yard continues to give up items that have been covered by snow for these many months - a dog toy, a shovel, a cluster of snow drops.

Not only is my work not hard, but I don't have an international crowd watching me. And people aren't stealing my hat.

Walt Mossberg at the Wall Street Journal reviewed a couple job-search websites in this morning's edition. The Journal also provides free access to many resources on its Career Journal site.

Those Aussies are a tough breed. The promise of death isn't sufficient; you have to hit 'em where it really hurts.

There are pictures, mercifully not online, of me 15 years ago looking pretty much like this guy, who, in turn, looks kind of like this guy. (I regret that we're going have to miss this year's World Beard and Moustache Championships in Berlin.)

No comments:

Blog Archive