Tuesday, February 15, 2005

The inch of snow that fell yesterday evening is now a thin layer of slush that melts underfoot. The temperature is in the mid-30s, heading for 50. Normal high for mid-February is 34.

It's relatively rare that we get a normal day, a day where the high and low temperature hit the average. Usually, we're higher or lower, averaging out to what we call normal. Normal is an average that we rarely attain. Anyway, yesterday was pretty close to normal.

I don't even have to look out the window anymore. I can find out what the weather is like by looking at this site. I've not met the person who runs this site. His station is a mile and a half from home.

Not a day goes by when I don't say, I work hard, but this isn't hard work.

Resumes are mostly commonly submitted in Microsoft Word format. Some companies even require it. Word files can, however, contain hidden text, material that you deleted and comments that you'd like to keep hidden. There have been many instances, including from Microsoft itself, when hidden data was left in a Word document that was posted on the Web or distributed by email, leading to embarrassment and mirth. This product helps to ensure that you won't distribute a Word document that contains hidden data. Microsoft offers an Office add-in that helps you remove hidden data. I've found that saving as Rich Text Format works just fine. I also usually take a peek at the RTF file to make sure that there isn't any stray licensing information. This is important if, for example, one was to be updating one's resume at work. One wouldn't want the licensing information from work to be included in the resume that one sends to another employer.

I'm fortunate to have a group of readers who pay close attention to these notes, checking my facts, checking my words. Yesterday, C. asked if levitation was a Hakkarainen family trait. Yesterday I wrote that we record the kids' heights on a beam in our kitchen. I should have used the word post.

No comments:

Blog Archive