Friday, February 04, 2005

During the overnight we picked up three or four inches of wet snow. The local schools have a two-hour delay.

Marley was so excited when he heard Sandra get up this morning that he went into my closet and brought me my sneaker.

Politics may be a blood sport in Boston, but small towns can mix it up pretty well. The librarian in Westminster, the town where I grew up, was fired in late 2003. Several employees had complained to the trusteees about her management style and practices, the complaints leading a public and unpleasant spectacle. In the last election, one of the library trustees was voted off the board. The former librarian is now a finalist to be her own replacement. The librarian was a good friend of and to my mother. Some 40 years ago my mother ran for library trustee. She lost. She wrote a delightfully sardonic paper for a college course, a tale of intrigue in East Crackerville.

I have a meeting with one of the software engineers to discuss what is and is not in one of my documents. That he asked to meet with me is a sign that he cares about what I'm writing. That he asked to meet with me is an indication that what I've written isn't covering the material in the way that he'd like. One more reason why they call it work.

No comments:

Blog Archive