Thursday, December 16, 2004

The longer-range weather forecasts (five to seven days out) have improved dramatically over the last few years. It wasn't that long ago that a three-day forecast was a big deal. Last night, however, some of the local TV meteorologists were getting all breathless at the prospect of a nor'easter on Sunday night into Monday. This morning, the National Weather Service is hedging.

Yesterday two employment agencies contacted me with information about a couple of management positions. That, along with the telephone interview that I had yesterday afternoon, indicates that the market is changing. It's a long way from initial contact to the point where I have to think seriously about changing jobs, but it's very interesting to consider the possibilities.

Family concerns and my own energy levels are still considerations as I ponder a new job, much the same way that they were in late summer when two other job opportunities came by. Any new, permanent management job is going to require a lot from me and lot from my family. See, there I go thinking seriously about stuff already when I said that it's a long way away. I'll keep answering the phone calls and emails and find out what's next.

Did I mention that I received a report from my doctor on a couple of lab tests. I'm normal. How often do I hear that?


No comments:

Blog Archive