Wednesday, December 15, 2004

I didn't crash someone else's system yesterday. I have been setting up a couple of systems in the lab, a project that's taken many more days than I'd planned. (This is the same lab where I didn't spill coffee last week.) The computer systems in the lab are set on shelves in tall racks, perhaps 10 systems on each rack. I haven't spent a lot of time in computer labs during the past few years. Systems are much smaller and much more powerful. The systems look a lot alike, so it would be easy to mess up someone else's. I didn't, though, and finished the day with the setup that I wanted.

The house is busy this morning. Mike and his crew of workers arrived early, wearing their Christmas hats, to finish plastering the ceiling and replacing the mantel over our fireplace. Yesterday they replaced several doors. The room looks great. We'll set up dining tables in that room for our Christmas gathering.

Adam and Woody arrived safely at the Island last night. They stopped for dinner at a new restaurant in Cardigan. It's surprising that a town of 200 year-round people can support two restaurants, two gas stations, and a post office.

No comments:

Blog Archive