Sunday, December 12, 2004

The funeral service for my friend's mother was held at the local funeral home. Every seat was taken and several people were standing, a gathering of family, townspeople, co-workers, church members, and other friends. The stories of her positive energy were plentiful. She and her husband loved to travel. She carried a light bulb on her travels, observing that hotel rooms only had 40 watt bulbs, not bright enough for a game of Scrabble, which she also carried. After the service, we gathered at the church for lunch and a chance to talk.

Last night Sandra and I went out to dinner with her parents. After dinner we drove around to look at the Christmas lights. You know that the spirit of Jesus has descended up us when you see an 8-foot (245cm) Homer Simpson dressed as Santa Claus.

In the past three days I've received several leads for permanent jobs. The most of the leads came in notes from friends. With these leads comes the renewed questions about my on-going work. What kinds of work do I like and do well? How much time am I willing to give over to work? (It was quite a treat when I was no longer coming home so late that Marley would bark at me when I came in the door. Now he barely looks up because he's at Sandra's parents' apartment, waiting for leftovers.) Even though I have pondering to do, I'll send copies of my resume and cover letters today.

Adam and Woody are making a quick trip to PEI to take care of a few things before winter really locks up the place. They'll probably take Woody's new Blazer instead of this: http://www.bikeforest.com/cb/couchintro.html.

No comments:

Blog Archive