Thursday, July 15, 2004

We're in a gray and rainy stretch, making it all the easier to go to work. This weather pattern may continue for another week.

For now I'm not planning to bring a lot of personal stuff to my office, perhaps just a few reference books. It's a nice enough cube, large by some standards, with six-foot walls. In previous jobs, I'd spend 10-12 hours a day at work, so it was natural that my office would become a second home with a change of clothes, refrigerator, and many personal effects. My contract limits me to 40 hours per week and only for a few months in duration.

My iPod is the only personal accessory that I bring with me. Its eight-hour battery gives me just enough music for the work day. I like playing disc jockey. Some days I wander through the whole collection; other days I'll listen to just one artist. Yesterday it was Van Morrison.

Last night Sandra and I went out to dinner with son Mike. He's an interested guy, always asking good questions. Lynn and the kids are on vacation in Vermont this week. He'll join them this weekend.

No comments:

Blog Archive