Monday, April 26, 2004

A rainy Monday. I'm eager to be home today, to spend time taking care of odds and ends, phone calls, small tasks, the honey-do list., cleaning out the to-do folder.

This is the first time in my search when I don't have anything promising ahead of me. I am, as I mentioned earlier, in the queue for a director-level position, but there's only a 50% chance that I'll get to an interview. I applied for a manager job over the weekend, but they, too, were looking for some specific experience that I don't have. On Wednesday and Friday I am scheduled to attend training at DBM: resumes, applications, interviews, negotiations, etc.

We had a nice night at the camp. I raked away dead leaves and collected fallen branches for kindling. On Saturday night we had a great sauna. The water is cold, but not bitterly so. We'll turn the water on in a couple of weeks. The temperature fell into the 20s on Saturday night. We're looking forward to having company at the camp this year. We'll start inviting people in June, once we're there more regularly, the water is warmer, and we've finished the spring cleanup.

I spoke with Pete yesterday afternoon. He's in typically great spirits. Aside from lifting heavy objects, he's under no restrictions and may do whatever he can do.

While rummaging through some old bookmarks, I found this site that provides an online version of the Myers-Briggs test. I am an INTP. They provide descriptions of the personality type here and here . The IBM management training provided something similar and the results were quite similar.

A few of the job-search resources have tried to tie the M-B type to career goals. Reading the descriptions also gives me some ideas about what's going on with my interviews. This is a good topic for pondering on a rainy day.

No comments:

Blog Archive