Friday, May 27, 2011

On the job search front

Job prospects seem to be improving. Every day, there's at least one lead to pursue. Last year, weeks could go by in silence.
I had a call from a recruiter regarding a very interesting job last week. I declined to pursue it because of the commute. The company _really_ wanted someone on-site all of the time and I'm not willing to spend 20% of my waking hours in my car.
Yesterday, though, I had a good conversation with another consultant who may have some assignments that might be a good fit. We'll talk more in the coming weeks.
Meanwhile, the online sites offer, I'd said, one or two leads a day, which is a very good sign for job-seekers and for the overall economy.
We are seeing that pay rates are slow to recover. Few, mercifully, have reached this level:

via Technical Writer job in Boxborough, MA - Kelly IT Resources

No comments:

Blog Archive