Saturday, February 05, 2011

Dept. of Shopping

I've often mentioned that I rely on a few folks to help me make up my mind at election times. If I'm undecided or just haven't been paying attention, I check the signs on their lawns and then vote for the other candidate.
The folks at the American Family Association can provide similar assistance with shopping.
Sometimes, for example, I can't decide whether to shop at The Home Depot, Lowe's, or another home center. The AFA is continuing its boycott of The Home Depot because THD's foundation will match employee gifts to GLAAD:
The Home Depot, through its Foundation, is now matching donations by its employees to further homosexual activism.
Based on the work of Home Depot Foundation is doing, I'm more likely to shop at The Home Depot.
You might regard my opinion in the same way that I rely on my neighbors, as a resource for contrary guidance. In any case, now you have some ideas who will and won't be shopping where.

2 comments:

Pink Granite said...

I can think of worse ways to make decisions!
Thank you for the info.

Nancy Delain said...

I don't shop at Lowe's, but for an entirely different reason that may or may not exist in other areas of the country.

We recently lost our little gray tiger cat, Motley; he escaped into the night while we were taking out the trash (we've found him again, thank goodness, but it was through the luck of spotting him in a snowstorm). My daughter went around to all the local businesses asking if she could put up signs advertising the lost cat. Every single business let her do that — every business, that is, EXCEPT our local Lowe's franchise.

I no longer shop at Lowe's, even though they are far more conveniently located than is Home Depot. Home Depot now gets my money.

Blog Archive