Monday, January 31, 2011

Some skies are quiet

We were out early this morning. The waning thumbnail moon was rising, chasing the morning star Venus.


Of course, all of the talk was about the upcoming storms and how there's no place to put more snow. We talked about that, too. For a moment, though, we stood quietly and saw what a clear and cold January sky looks like.
By the way, folk wisdom says that you should still have half of your firewood supply left by this point. We're in good shape, ready for what comes.

1 comment:

Liz said...

About this time of year, I become convinced that we are going to run out of firewood. There's no way it'll last through the season. Of course, last year, we ended up with some leftover. This year, I may be right, but I feel panicked about it every year.

Also of course, when the wood is delivered, our wood guy says "if you run out, I can bring you more. I always have some in reserve." All very well and good in the fall when there's no snow on the ground. Now, I'm not sure how we'd get it out to the wood pile if we did get more.

Blog Archive