Thursday, April 22, 2010

If you buy it, you will find it.

You'd think that after tossing out .895km of 300Ω antenna wire, I might have overlooked a 1.03135314m (close to four feet) piece from which I could fashion a dipole antenna to improve the reception of WBUR on my radio in our new-old downstairs bedroom.
You'd think.
Of course, if I go anywhere, online or in the flesh, to buy some of said wire, I'll have to buy it in 100 ft. lengths.
Doing so, I'll unpack the wire, make the cut, make the antenna, set aside the remaining 96', and then find a nice 10' segment from which I could fashion an antenna.
At which point I'll have more of this old wire than I started with, plus I'll be dissuaded from throwing anything away again for another 30 years.
No house-cleaning goes unpunished.

1 comment:

eba said...

You guys have done an amazing job of house cleaning. I remain in awe. We had our own little mini-victory here, with the ceremonial archaeological dig into R's study. It was pristine for several weeks... until he bought a new printer. We need to make an effort to clear the detritus before it forms the first layer for the next dig.

Blog Archive