Friday, September 18, 2009

On Community

I watched the new NBC show, Community, last night. It's an ensemble show about various folk whose life trajectories bring them to Greendale Community College. It's got a chance. Last night's show pretty much just introduced us to the characters as characters; the coming weeks will demonstrate if we can care about these folks over time.
Given that I've just started a class at Quinsigamond Community College (in the Greendale section of Worcester), comparisons are unavoidable.
If I'm the character that's played by Chevy Chase, I might ase well just call it day.
More on this in the next few weeks. It's time to go to school.

1 comment:

Lori said...

I'm excited about this show for personal reasons. I provided the show's makeup artist with a bunch of my company's products to use on the cast and on-set, and have connected with two of the female characters to provide them with products personally. I'm hoping the show becomes a hit so that the cast members get interviewed more, so they have more chances to talk up the name of their skin care routine - so please, keep watching!

Blog Archive