Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Watching history, backward and forward

As Sandra readied to leave for work this morning, she remarked, "What a day of wonder!"
I'm writing from the north cafeteria at Mount Wachusett Community College. The college has set up a large screen and is broadcasting ABC's coverage of the Inauguration. About half of the chairs are taken. I got here early and found a small table on the side, near an electrical outlet at this writing. There's a lot of electricity in the air, but I still need the old-fashioned plug-type juice to keep my laptop going.
I've returned to school, taking one course, Legal Research and Writing. I'll write more about this homecoming at another time. Many years ago, Sandra and I met in a course here at the Mount, a course on Nobel Prize-Winning American Authors taught by the late Jack Leamy.
11:45 - Barack Obama was introduced to teary applause.

No comments:

Blog Archive