Monday, January 19, 2009

Time-saving time-waster

I confess that, while waiting for some computer program to do its thing or just to help clear my head, I play the venerable game of Solitaire. Since moving my laptop to Linux, however, I've had to change games.
One of the nifty features about a soliaire game named KPatience is that it will tell you whether you can win. It, apparently, calculates all of the possible moves, given the particular dealing of cards that you've received, and then watches as you play. If either you've been dealt an impossible-to-win hand or you've played badly, a little message appears at the bottom of the window, telling you that the game's been lost. That way, you can just start over with a new deal without having to play the game out.

No comments:

Blog Archive