Tuesday, June 24, 2008

In praise of good service

Earlier this year, we bought a new desktop computer and multi-function printer from Dell. We've been pleased with the purchases, but I've been even more pleased with Dell's service.

Early on, I had a problem because of an interaction between Norton Internet Security and Vista. I called Dell tech support and, in a short while, was able to diagnose and fix the problem. The Dell tech support rep was able to connect to my system and verify that all was well.

Recently, a small piece broke off of the printer's document feeder. (You can scan, fax, or copy multipage documents.) I contacted Dell via their online chat service. Within a few minutes, the tech support rep arranged for a new printer to be sent my way. (I'll then send the old one, although with the broken piece, back to Dell.) I'll have my new printer in 2-5 business days.

Given the slim profit margins that the computer manufacturers can generate, it's amazing to me that they have such good service, handled by live people who know their stuff and are empowered to make things right.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Roaster Boy,

Appreciate the feedback. Thanks for posting about your experience.

Blog Archive