Wednesday, May 14, 2008

This fortnight's RoasterBoy Playlist

Shuffling through iTunes

When I put my iTunes library on shuffle, here's what shows up:

Name Artist
Cotton Eyed Joe The Mountain Ramblers
Living In The Country Pete Seeger
Run Run Run The Velvet Underground
Saint Of Circumstance Grateful Dead
Need Your Love So Bad - Version #1 Fleetwood Mac
Brother Gil Scott-Heron
Ladies Auxiliary Woody Guthrie
There's A Doctor The Who
Rendezvous Bruce Springsteen
No. 5 in D Major Mieczyslaw Horszowski
Love That Burns Fleetwood Mac
Compared to What Eddie Harris & Les McCann

05/13/2008 05:19 PM

You want riffs? Junior Brown's got riffs.

FARK.com: Fark Video Player (3595642) Junior Brown can rock
05/12/2008 07:24 PM

Ozzy Osbourne › Crazy Train

I accidentally cut the antenna lead on my satellite radio while I was load pallets into the back of my car. So, now, I'm left with terrestrial radio. Mostly, it's pretty bleak so I scan a lot stations. Last night, my meanderings brought me to WHJY 95.5 out of Providence. This Ozzy song caught my attention, but the banter between the DJ and sidekick was quite forgettable.
05/08/2008 06:57 AM

Hayes Carll - A Lover Like You

It's got that jangly style of Dylan's Blonde on Blonde with the Austin, wise-guy redneck twang.
05/07/2008 09:16 AM

David Bromberg - Mr. Bojangles

David Bromberg played guitar in Jerry Jeff Walker's band while Mr. Bojangles was JJW's big hit. (It was an even bigger hit for the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band.) IMO, Bromberg's version is much better, his voice cracking at all the right turns.
05/06/2008 04:00 PM

Riffs at the heart of our brains

The video clips don't always synch with the music, but, what the heck: MilkandCookies - Rock & Roll Riffs 1964 to 1975

05/05/2008 07:34 AM

No comments:

Blog Archive