Monday, April 28, 2008

Teeth, we have some.

A couple of weeks ago, a crown on one of my front teeth cracked and then broke apart. Some quick repair work by the emergency backup dentist (regular dentist was on vacation) put a non-scary smile back on my face. The permanent replacement crown will be ready in a couple of weeks. (For varying values of permanent. This crown was 13 years old. It also suggests that others of the same vintage are likely to let go sometime soon as well.)

It's a bit surprising to learn that Greensboro NC has much better dental health than Boston: Rating America's Cities - Where the Teeth Bite : Men's Health.com

None of my teeth have gold fillings, so I won't be joining the gold rush that's taking place now that gold is north of $1000/ounce.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love how they call crowns 'permenant' solutions. I had one that lasted less than a year before it shattered. I went back to the dentist who put it in and he wouldn't repair his shoddy work without charging me $1,000. The insurance wouldn't pay for it because it was the same tooth and less than a year (so they were assuming the dentist would repair it). I've been workign with a hole ever since. Good for you on geting yours fixed.

Blog Archive