Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Last lumps of winter

The woods still have big patches of snow and ice, but our yard has turn the corner to spring. According to the weather forecast, we might get some snow on Friday, but the ground is getting too warm to let the snow stay for very long.

Sandra and I have had a nickel bet for a month or so. I wagered that the pile of snow on our back deck would still be here on April 1st; she believed that it would be gone.

Had we closed the wager this morning, I would have won. A day of 60 degree weather, however, ate through the snow like Marley through his breakfast.


This is Post #800. We're coming up on four years in a couple of weeks.

1 comment:

eba said...

Yow! I can't wait to see if our hard lumps of snow are still in the shady parts of the yard. A few days ago, in what I imagine to have been a fit of frustration, a neighbor chopped up all his remaining snow into tiny chunks and spread them in his front yard and in the street. I've been amused to watch them shrink over the last few days. I'm sure the exercise did him some good.

Blog Archive