Tuesday, November 14, 2006

It's easy to find positive thoughts when you know where to look

Tomorrow morning I'll start a series of ECT treatments. It's an out-patient procedure, two to three times a week. They tell me that it won't hurt and I believe them. They say that there might some temporary memory loss and I'll say, of course, "What memory loss?"

Today I've had two calls from the hospital, telling me to report at two different offices and at different times. The doctors are still trying to locate the lab results of the tests that I had last Friday. My definition of bad bureaucracy is that climate in the workplace that causes good, well-intentioned, smart people to do bad or stupid things.

I was told a long time ago about the power of a gratitude list. At its most simple, it's a list of the people and fortunes which I'm grateful. Even on my worst days, I can easily fill a page. I have many blessing, near and far.

In the meantime, the world out there goes along its mega-goofy ways:
I'll write as best as I can during the coming weeks.

No comments:

Blog Archive