Thursday, January 26, 2006

Whose wire is this? I think I know.

The first five or 10 minutes of each meeting is spent getting network cables and power cords connected and working properly. From time to time, we will have an occasional struggle with a network switch or projector or screen. In case you wondered, this is what happened to all those A/V nerds whom you used to mock in high school oh so many years ago.

For all the "exceptional public interest" about Blackberry's being essential to business, it's interesting to learn that the most popular piece of Blackberry software on one site is RimMario, a port of the Super Mario Brothers game.

Recently, Jet Blue announced that they would be serving Dunkin' Donuts coffee on their flights. One less reason to fly with them. I don't like DD's coffee or their donuts. Tim Horton's in the Great White North does a much better job on both. Canada takes its donuts very seriously. (PDF viewer required.)

Scottish health officials are recommending that youngsters have haggis just once a week. No more all-you-can-eat haggisfests.

Because I'm here and not there, I'll miss a birthday party this evening. If I was there, I'd just mix up the presents.

Happy Birthday, Mike.

1 comment:

Lori said...

This is kind of weird that we both mentioned Jet Blue on the same day, but what's even weirder is that I actually DRANK THEIR COFFEE on Tuesday. I never drink airplane coffee - blach! must hydrate! - but it was 7 AM and it wasn't bad! This coming from a Starbucks snob, mind you.

Please don't be hater re: Jet Blue. Without you, they'd just be flying a bunch of TV's around the country.

Blog Archive