Friday, February 11, 2005

It doesn't matter how much wet snow snow we did or didn't get, how pretty it looks stuck to the branches on trees and bushes. There's no surer sign of spring: Both the Boston Globe and MetroWest Daily News report that the Red Sox equipment truck leaves this afternoon for spring training For Myers.

I bought a Pepsi with my lunch yesterday. Pepsi is running a promotion with Apple iTunes, giving away free songs for iPods and other stuff. On my first try, I won a free song. I don't win a lot of contests, but then I don't enter a lot of contests, either. The last time Apple gave me a free song, I chose Chuck Berry's You Can't Catch Me. So, now, I can get a free song. It's a variant on the Desert Island Disc theme: If I can get any song, what would it be? Ideas?

Whatever it is, it won't be this song that's already in my head for free, even if the lyrics differ from version to version.

On last night's news, a TV reporter, describing a happy ending to a story, said, "Good news comes in three words - home, safe, and sound."

Happy Anniiversary, Mike and Lynn.

No comments:

Blog Archive