Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Hakkarainen's Maxim for Modern Communications, #17: Nothing good is likely to come from using Reply/All.

Last week I sent material out for review. The reviewers sent their comments in email, using Reply/All with lots of detail that compelled others to join in. It's like a pack of dogs on a water bed. It takes a long time for the noise and motion to settle down, even after the original problem has been addressed.

While most of us are heading off to an ordinary day of work in mid-winter, people all over the Christian world are preparing for Lent with revels in New Orleans and, of course, Brazil. It's a bit rich for my taste and for the tastes of Brazilians in our family.

A Massachusetts legislator, representing a largely Hispanic district in a neighboring city, is quoted in the local newspaper as saying, “I have nothing against Spanish people — I love ’em. I just don’t understand a word they’re saying.

The weather forecasters issued messages about a potentially significant winter storm tomorrow night into Thursday, bringing us plenty of these. I'll bring my laptop home tomorrow evening with the likelihood of working from home on Thursday.

No comments:

Blog Archive