Tuesday, January 04, 2005

With the cold rain, it feels more like a day in late March than early April. There's talk of 'a significant snow event' Wednesday night and Thursday. Other forecasts suggest that we may get more ice than snow.

I first learned about the word 'dooced' through this article. A bit of further research on the 'net shows that Dooce was the nickname of one of the first people to be fired for writing a web log about work. Although this is a private journal, shared only with family and a few close friends, it's also in a public space. There's nothing in here that I wouldn't want my manager to read.

The AOL software on Mike and Lynn's home computer resisted my attempts to fix it. (It hangs on the startup screen with the waol.exe process consuming 95% of the CPU. Someone at work reported something similar; I hope to find out more today.) Next step is to reinstall the software and then, if needed, call AOL technical support. If there was a fine manual to read, I'd read it.

Addressing a problem I didn't know I had, the AARP has started an ad campaign to encourage advertisers to consider the over-50 crowd as a worthy market. Just think of the wonderful solicitations that await us.

No comments:

Blog Archive