Friday, January 07, 2005

My bronchitis continues and my voice makes me sound like Johnny Cash. I went to the doctor's yesterday and have some antibiotics that, we hope, will reclaim my lungs from the forces of evil. My family and friends have been quite kind and comforting, but we're all growing weary of this. There's work to be done, fun to be had, attention to be paid.

I'm staying home again today. I am seriously concerned about the work that I'm not getting done. Assuming that I'm back to good health next week, I may ask my manager if I can put in a few extra hours to make up for this week's lost time.

A thumbnail moon is rising in the southeastern sky. Much of our southern horizon is blocked by trees, so this will be the last day that we can see the moon in this cycle.

Scott and Val's cat, Sadie, passed on this week. She was in her late teens and suffering from kidney problems. She lived a lot longer and a lot better than was expected, but faded in the past couple of weeks. She was the sister of a couple of our former cats, Spot and Kissa. Sadie lived a long life with good grace and energy.

We picked up several inches of snow topped with freezing rain yesterday, the whole mess freezing solid overnight. I wasn't able to get the snowblower into the back yard, so the path to the wood pile is going to be a problem. We have a large cart with bicycle wheels that can make it through the snow and ice, but isn't easy to maneuver. New England winter, the gift that keeps on giving.

No comments:

Blog Archive