Saturday, January 29, 2005

Today we're taking Matthew into Boston to see Blue Man Group. Like the plane trip to PEI for their 10th birthdays, this is a coming-of-age gift for the grandchildren. Matt's 13th birthday was in October. The weather will be good, bordering on the warm. We'll walk over to Faneuil for lunch, visit Jack's Joke Shop, and then go to the show.

A couple of job leads came my way yesterday. I'll follow up this weekend. After that burst of activity in mid-December, things have gone quiet. That's alright. I'm enjoying what I'm doing. With my current project schedule, I won't have much time for daytime interviews for the next month or so.

Chevy is running a series of television ads that promote their new line of cars. The background music is a 40-year-old Yardbirds tune, Over, Under, Sideways, Down. It's as though they played ragtime when they announced the Corvette back in the 50s.

I don't think that it's a complete waste of time to find out about worldwide weather, but my day, and the day of my family and friends, probably isn't greatly enriched by my knowledge of the deep cold (-30C) in Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia. It has been, however, a good exercise of the network tools on DNS Stuff to try to find out why the Mongolia tourism web site isn't accessible. Google reports that it was available a couple of days ago. It looks like a problem with the DNS server that supports the Mongolian government sites. Other Mongolian sites are reachable.

The saga of email notification continues. I am trying different hammers until the email works reliably.

No comments:

Blog Archive