Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Happy Birthday, Michael Alan. It's a special day, but also a regular day filled with high energy, positive spirit, and solid faith.

We'll have a birthday party at his house tonight and hope that he can join us. He coaches Joe's basketball team on Wednesday evenings. And then, some snow is starting fall. The forecasts are a bit varied, but we could certainly pick up a plowable amount by day's end. Usually Mike plows driveways during the overnight, but this is a daytime storm, so people may want clean driveways when they return home from work.

For the first time in oh, so many years, Worcester is getting a professional baseball team this spring. More on this as it develops.

The pace at work has picked up quite bit. We have six weeks to finish our current product's development, with several interim deadlines on the way. I have to have some work completed by the end of the day and so will go in early. Dunno if the pressure would be any less if I hadn't been sick or if I hadn't been sidetracked by interesting dead ends during the past couple of months.

One excursion out to the Web brought me to an announcement of a technical conference in April. The presenters include many people I know, some of whom I would like very much to see. Seeing other names on the roster, however, stirs up less healthy emotions. Candidly, they're doing interesting work that I would be doing if, well, if I had handled some things better at my previous job. Good for them. They're getting it done. I wish them well. I'm also glad that I'm not going to that conference.

No comments:

Blog Archive