Saturday, December 25, 2004

Early this Christmas morning is bright and clear, the nearly-full Snow Moon setting in the northwest.

We'll have Christmas music on the radio on for most of the day. I bought a set of wireless speakers to bring music to the other rooms. The speakers have worked very well. For a while, 10 or 15 years ago, I ran speaker wires to various parts of the house. That was fine as long the furniture stayed in place. Moving anything meant a rewriting job. We live in an old house with several additions. Running wires in this house is really a professional's job and I'm not one. For background music, the wireless speakers are fine.

The radio station is playing classical renditions of various types of Christmas music, including familiar carols. I learned most of the Christmas carols that I know in elementary school. (I learned 'Deck Us All with Boston Charlie'.) At that time, we received more Christian instruction in public school than I did at church (Unitarian). We sang to 'O Christmas Tree' in German ('O Tannenbaum'). We also began each school day with prayer. It was a different time.

This will be a fun day. Some of our visitors we've not seen since last Christmas. Sandra and I won't get to talk long with many people, but everyone will likely have a good time. Good parties take care of themselves. We reminded Mike's kids to bring a football. I can still throw a decent pass, but I've got no business trying to run against these kids.

Life is good.

Houska Joulua (although some parts of Finland use Hyvaa Joulua). Next week we'll tackle Happy New Year.

No comments:

Blog Archive