Tuesday, December 21, 2010

How can you be in two places at once when you're not anywhere at all?

This was one of those days when one appointment became two became three became four. The morning trips were fraught with a shameful level of loopiness among my fellow travelers. A half-inch of snow, if that, put cars off the road, into each other, or just sideways on tiny hills. (One commenter wondered if we'd been invaded by South Carolinians.)
The Road Less Traveled
By late morning, after finishing my downtown appointment, the temperature had reached 35, the roads had been salted, and everyone was a happy bug again. Even the trip to Rutland and back was on roads that were just wet. People were their rambling selves again. Odd day, this. Sometimes I think that I don't know my people at all.

No comments:

Blog Archive