Tuesday, November 30, 2010

RoasterBoy as athletic supporter

In order to graduate (again) from MWCC, I have to take gym. They call it something else, Fitness and Wellness, so it's not volleyball or synchronized swimming, but it's still gym.  I don't dispute the notion that I could use more exercise than I get, so I'm going along with this requirement with good humor and an open mind.
(One faculty member describes this as the means by which the staff at the Fitness and Wellness Center justifies itself. As far as I've been able to determine, Mt. Wachusett is alone in the Massachusetts community college system with such a requirement.)
When I tried to sign up for this course online, however, I was not able to do so. Apparently, in order to register for the gym class, I had to prove that I've taken college-level course in math and reading.

I was able to convince the person working in the Registrar's office that I'd taken a calculus course at a time close to when Newton had invented it. For the reading prerequisite, I read the catalog requirement that said that I needed to know how to read.
Now, I'm registered for gym, twice a week. I'm ready for all that's modern in the world of education.

No comments:

Blog Archive