Tuesday, October 19, 2010

When I say that I need help, I mean it.

Anyone who knows me and my writing knows that I make typos. Plenty of typos. Enough to fill a sand truck.
My favorite was in a system management manual that I wrote a dozen years ago. I intended to write, using the passive voice, even, "If an error occurs, you will be alerted." What came out in print was "..., you will be altered."
So, it's with great compassion and empathy that I present this item from the local Help Wanted listings:

1 comment:

Jen said...

Ouch.

My "best" typo ever: Meant to use the word "assess." Left off the last "s." It made it through spell-check, and onto a presentation given to several dozen customers at a user conference (not IBM or Rational). Thankfully they were good-natured customers.

Blog Archive