Monday, August 16, 2010

This new model is not starting well



This morning, the Telegram and Gazette begins its new model for access to local content on the telegram.com site.
The new model is articulated on this page:
via New telegram.com model begins today (Screen capture at 6:20AM on 8/16/2010.
Yesterday's home-delivered paper included a letter from Anthony J. Simollardes, Director of Readership & Circulation at the Telegram, also announcing the change. (Here's the letter.) In brief, because we still subscribe to the printed version of the paper, we'll continue to have full access to the content on telegram.com.
Well, um, thanks.
After I call the toll-free number to verify my print subscription, I'll be back with some more on this topic. In the meantime, I'm going to go out in the rain to pick up our newspaper which the new carrier has left at the end of the driveway, instead of on the porch. That's another call I'll have to make.
---
6:47 AM update: after a 20-second wait at the toll-free number, a very pleasant customer service rep provided me with the information I needed (my account number) and I have been confirmed as an online subscriber.

No comments:

Blog Archive