Thursday, May 13, 2010

More on research

While researching my post on the CDC's findings regarding wireless households, Wireless living, I encountered a common problem with "old-school meets the web" publications. The original AP story, which would cost me $17.50 to quote (see rate sheet.), doesn't include a link to the original CDC report.
So, I set about to find it. I searched for "centers for disease control and prevention landline" and got this:
Note that none of the articles is dated this week.
Even a search of the CDC site didn't turn up much:


Finally, guessing that the report might be titled "Wireless Subsitution", I found the report: Wireless Substitution: Early Release of Estimates From the National Health Interview Survey, July-December 2009
I don't mean to suggest that Big Media and Big Gummint are conspiring to keep data from us. They just could have made it a whole lot easier. 

No comments:

Blog Archive