Saturday, December 05, 2009

One thing to say about Tiger Woods

As Robin Williams said: http://bit.ly/8i5hxR

In preparation for this one and only blog post about Tiger Woods, I went looking for the particular Robin Williams quote. While I found lots of occurrences of the quote in text form, I couldn't find any source - a link to a performance, recording, or published statement.
It appears that everyone knows that Robin Williams offered this particular summation of the state of the male psyche, but no one's actually heard it. I mean, it's to the point that I've read (and said) the quote so often, I can imagine his voice saying those words.
There are lots of sites that let us search lyrics to songs we've heard, such as Lyrics, and misheard (The Archive of Funny Misheard Music Lyrics - KissThisGuy.com). What's missing, then, is search technology that will search inside audio and/or video clips for spoken words. Eventually, I'm sure, we'll get to the point where we can also locate scene descriptions and plot lines inside of videos, but not yet.
[Update: after a bunch of time listening to and watching various Williams clips, I did hear him say the line. It's in a funny, but R-rated YouTube video.]

No comments:

Blog Archive