Sunday, April 05, 2009

These cars of modern times

When I drove old and, um, inexpensive cars, I wouldn't go anywhere without first checking under the hood. There was always something that needed inspection, repair, and/or replacement - spark plug wires, oils, other wiring. I was never a good mechanic, but I believe that the little bit of inspection and tinkering made it unnecessary to make major repairs very often. The little things made the car run until it managed to fail spectacularly.
Fast forward to better days when we'd be able to buy new cars. Months would be go by without lifting the hood because a) there was little good and much harm that at guy with a wrench and screwdriver could do and b) cars didn't need the same level of tinkering.
As a result, I guess I shouldn't have been surprised to open the hood to check the windshield washer fluid and discovered that I was a landlord:

No comments:

Blog Archive