Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Pillar Six - test links before deploying web site

Yesterday, friend C. sent me a pointer to a white paper entitled The Five Pillars of Engineering Document Management. While this topic might seem like an extra-strength dose of Nappien for most of you, it's closely related to the kind of work that I've done.
So, I followed the link to the company's site and filled out the request form. While waiting for the company to send me PDF file, I nosed around the web site a bit.
Imagine, then, what a potential customer might have to say when, after clicking on one of the links, this page shows up:


Nice, huh? And, when I click on the link that says Contact Us, I get the same error page.


Powered by ScribeFire.

1 comment:

eba said...

Thus once again illustrating my point that it's always easy to put things places -- the trick comes in finding them again. Just because those guys have a tool for storing content doesn't mean they know how to use it any better than anyone else. Alas.

Blog Archive