Thursday, September 25, 2008

Job benefits that tell a different story

I recently received a job lead that mentioned the following benefits:
This is a very employee and family focussed company with outings, offsites, daily breakfast and evening dinner provided, plus a company paid lunch every Thursday
Spelling aside, there are a few things about the listing that give pause: breakfast and dinner. I've worked at places such as this. (Coincidentally, did one of this company's executives.) While the outings and off-site events were fun, they couldn't change the fact that you are eating three meals at day at the office. I'll let you decide if that sounds family-friendly to you.

1 comment:

eba said...

Agreed about the job posting -- my antennae went up too.

In fact, at the job that roasterboy mentioned, when family members wanted to see one of the worker-bees, they'd join us for dinner. Otherwise, you didn't see your partner - you just felt a warm lump in the bed when you climbed in.

The intensity was a lot of fun for a while. Then it was rough. That was the only job ever where my boss once ordered me to take a sick day.

Blog Archive