Monday, March 24, 2008

No late-night radio, eh?

I've had satellite radio (Sirius) in my car for the past couple of years and so don't listen to AM or FM much at all. Occasionally, I check the local news or traffic reports, but that's about it. Time was, however, when I'd listen to lots of different radio stations. One in particular, CBAM, the CBC Radio One station out of Moncton NB, delivered a powerful signal after dark. When commuting home during the winter months, I'd get to listen to the CBC news The World at Six and As It Happens.

CBAM-AM is going off the air in early April. The locals have a high-powered FM station, giving them a better signal all day long. And, the CBC national feed is available on Sirius.

One less AM station to bounce off of the night-time sky.

No comments:

Blog Archive