Thursday, June 28, 2007

While waiting for the papers

Our newspaper carriers are having a tough time. Here it is, whatever time it is, and the papers still aren't here. Weekdays, we get two papers and on the weekend, three. If I don't get to the papers first thing in the morning, the papers wind up on my reading stack, a pile of newspapers, magazines, and books. The bottom layer of my reading stack has turned to coal.

Friend Patti brought my attention to a charming time-sink called Twitter. In brief, Twitter is a cross between blogging and instant messaging. It asks the basic question, "What are you doing?" The widget on the left side of this page shows what I'm doing now. You can also send and receive text-message updates via your cell phone. I can already hear the cries of "Can't we ever get away from the Internet?" Um, no. Even the Amish have a web site.

No comments:

Blog Archive