Thursday, March 16, 2006

More on working

From Tuesday morning's Worcester Telegram, and I quote, "The Wachusett Regional School Committee decided last night not to revote its decision to set no date for reimbursing $3.1 million received from the state for modular buildings." Standing boldly, they decided not to reconsider a decision not to set a date to do something. They done our town proud.

The problem with a job, says Jackie Mason, is that it takes all day.

And then some. I received an email last night around six, asking me (but not really asking) for a document that needed to be sent to a customer this morning. The material that the customer is seeking hasn't been documented before. It should have been, but it wasn't. So, I'll need to research, write, and verify the material. Fortunately, the customer is in the central time zone, so I get an extra hour of morning.

The white board in my cubicle is located inconveniently at the back of the fixed counter that is my desk. As a result, I can scribble just a few things, such as my phone numbers. (I don't call myself often, so I have a tough time remembering my internal line, external line, and new cell phone number.) It's almost impossible for two people to work at my white board, trading ideas and markers; some problems are better addressed visually than verbally. Anyway, I asked our office administrator if the facilities people could move my white board to the opposite side of my office. She said that she would ask, but that it probably wouldn't happen. "It's against company policy," she said.

"Is yours is like everyone else's?" she asked.
"Yes."
"Well, then it probably won't happen."

In preparation for the bird flu pandemic, Health and Human Services Secretary Michael Leavitt recommends that we put canned tuna and powered milk under our beds.

Did you know that if you lose a mitten in Canada, the National Mitten Registry may help you restore it to its mate?

How many ways can you make this guy sick? My score is 8.

One more from the Department of the Flippin' Obvious: "
Heavy marijuana use for five years or more may impair memory and slow cognitive function, according to researchers here."

No comments:

Blog Archive